Thursday, 3 October 2013

Zombie Commandos From Hell Issue 6 Review

Review By Patrick Challis

Written By Steph Dumais
Art and Cover By Steph Dumais

Genre
Horror, War, Action

Synopsis

Steph Dumais returns to the world of the 'Zombie Commandos From Hell' with this, the first part of the 'Ultragore' storyline!

Review

I am a massive fan of pretty much anything involving zombies and / or gore so when I got my hands on to this, the first part of the 'Ultragore' story line from Steph Dumais, I was pretty eager to see just where the action was going to go.

Well, what I ended up reading was a fast paced, action packed, gore fest full of some very impressive art work from Dumais himself.

The first thing that took my attention was the cover.  The art on there really sets you up for what you are about to see inside.  The story may  not be the most original in that world but I really liked it.  if you look at the story itself as the set up for the gore filled art then you are pretty there.

Talking of the art, it has a really splatterhouse, 80's horror feel to it.  I loved that.  It reminded me of things like 'Maniac Cop' and other such movies that I grew up watching, when I shouldn't have been.  I also loved how the dystopian setting really popped off of the page and drew your eyes to the action.

I really am not sure how to describe the story without using spoilers if I'm  completely honest so I'll leave it as it's a gorehounds playground.

If you have seen Steph Dumais' work before then you know what to expect and at the same time, know that you are most definitely going to be in for a blood filled ride.  That's exactly what we have here but I mean that in the best possible way.  Dumais' created a fast paced and gory tale that has left me eager to get the 2nd gore filled issue.

Story 7/10
Art 8/10
Overall 15/20

No comments:

Post a Comment