Friday, 23 August 2013

Outer Space Food Club Issue 1 Review

Review By Patrick Challis

Written By Noel ILL
Art and Cover By Noel ILL

Genre
Science Fiction, Comedy

Synopsis

Two aliens work at a thrift store in space and belong to a food coupon club called, The Outer Space Food club.

Review

I wasn't really all that sure about what to expect from this title when I was very kindly sent it to review but I have to admit that I absolutely fell in love with it after reading it myself and reading it to my little lad.

The story of this mini comic is a relatively simple one in that two aliens belong to a coupon club and they basically get to try new types of food and find things to try out.  It's not normally the sort of thing that I read but there was a real charm to the title.

The best way to describe both the art and the writing is that there is a very sweet childlike innocence to it all.  The best proof of this is the fact that  I was able to read the issue to my little four year old and he absolutely adored it, which lead to me reading it to him four times in a row!  I really like the pop art style drawings that help to bring the story to life.  The aliens look like they wouldn't be out of place in a children's television show and that's part of the charm of the issue.

As a mini comic, this idea definitely works and like I said before, my little lad absolutely loved it.  The innocent charm of the writing and art really made a change from the horror and action comics I seem to get sent all the time to review.  Comic book fans will most definitely get a kick out of sharing this one with their kids so if you can get a copy then go check it out with your little ones.

Story 3.5/5
Art 3.5/5
Overall 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment