Friday, 30 August 2013

An Interview With Jaz Martin, Sam from 'I Will Follow You into the Dark'


We here at Curiosity of a Social Misfit are proud to welcome Jaz Martin, who plays Sam in the new movie ‘I Will Follow You into the Dark’ to have a chat about the movie.

PC:  ‘I Will Follow You into the Darkness’ has a bit of a ‘Sixth Sense’ meets ‘Ghost’ feel to it but how did the project come about?

JM:  For me it was like any other project. Manager/Agent sends me the audition and I go to it in the hope I can book it and perhaps pay rent and put some food on the table. I wish I could be more exclusive in what roles I would like to play and what projects I care to be a part of but for most actors getting paid is a bloody luxury. Hunger has always been a good motivation for me. I told the director I would eat him if he didn’t give me the role.

PC:  How would you describe your character, Sam, to our readers?

JM:  Sam is a nice guy, a good friend to have around. Obviously it was a massive stretch for me being a serial killer in real life. I enjoyed playing Sam a lot in all seriousness. It’s nice when you get to play someone who is happy and has good values and beliefs.

PC:  The movie deals with depression in a really clever way, teaming it with the supernatural.  Has anything supernatural or paranormal ever happened to you at all?

JM:  Well the closest thing that’s ever happened to me that was a little supernatural was when I was on a soccer pitch. Im a twin, and in this game my twin brother had to go off injured because he had recived a rather unpleasant kick to the crown jewels. 5 mins I also had to leave the pitch with the same injury. Only thing was no one had touched mine!!!! Weird right?

PC:  After now appearing in a horror movie, would you do another one if the right role came along?

JM:  Of course! I have to eat! Also if there is the chance to give mouth to mouth to extremely attractive Hollywood actresses I’m there. ;-)

PC:  Do you have a favorite horror movie at all?

JM:  Gremlins

PC:  You’re originally from England but now live in the States.  What made you decide to make such a leap?

JM:  It was Love. In the words of Forrest Gump, “That’s all I have to say about that”

PC:  Have you got a favorite role at all that you think has been your best to date?

JM:  No brainer, Sam in ‘I will Follow You Into The Dark’.

PC:  What projects do you have lined up next?

JM:  I plan on playing James Bond in the future.

PC:  Many thanks for taking the time out to do this interview.

JM:  My pleasure. All the best.

1 comment: