Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Woolly and Tig: First Day DVD Review

Review By Patrick Challis and Cyrus

Series Written and Directed By Brian Jameson

Genre
Children's, Educational

Cast

Betsy McCredie as Tig
Colin McCredie as Daddy
Jenny Ryan as Mummy
Maisie McCredie as Voice Over
Jamie Oram as Woolly
Angel McCallum as Angel

Certificate U

Synopsis

FIRST TIME ON DVD!

CBEEBIES Show 'Woolly & Tig' is a live action series about a three year old and her toy spider.

The drama's explore the feelings that children have when faced with new experiences. From a first day at nursery school to meeting a man with a beard, uncertainty and anxiety are replaced by fun and laughter when Woolly is animated into life.

Special Features
  • A Free Reward Chart and Stickers

Review

I have to admit that even though I am a father of a little lad, I find children's shows to be mostly full of things that bore the hell out of me and have trouble keeping my lads attention.

This CBEEBIES show is completely different.

'Woolly and Tig' is a series of short stories featuring an absolutely adorable three year old girl named Tig.  Basically all the stories revolve around her learning something new, feeling a bit uncertain or scared by it and then her cuddly spider named Woolly explains it to her and that makes little Tig feel much better.

The writing here really makes  the stories feel like they really are told by a three year old with it's simple language and cheerful nature.

To my 'fatherly' eye my favourite of the episodes was when Tig didn't want her hair washed and therefore went and hid.  I used to have the exact same problem with Cyrus and the story really made me smile.

The picture quality seems even clearer than when Cyrus and myself watch the show on it's channel and the sound is absolutely crystal clear.

In a bit of trivia, Colin McCredie plays the father in this show and is the real life father to Betsy McCredie, who plays Tig.  Betsy's real life Aunt, Jenny Ryan plays her mother and her real life sister Maisie is the voice of the narrator so the show really does have a family feel to it.

All in all, when you pair it with the lovely reward chart and stickers that come with this DVD release, this is an absolutely lovely and adorable show that is well worth picking up to keep the little one's amused.

Show 4/5
Picture 4.5/5
Sound 4.5/5
Special Features N/A
Overall 13/15


"I like the one when Tig play with Angel.  She Tig best friend.  Woolly my favourite.  I want a Woolly please Daddy"









No comments:

Post a Comment