Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Horrid Henry: It's All Your Fault DVD Review

Based on the books by Francesca Simon

Genre
Animated, Children's, Comedy

Synopsis

Horrid Henry returns in 6 more episodes of mishaps and mayhem in this new volume.

The episodes include

Horrid Henry: It's All Your Fault
Horrid Henry in Detention
Horrid Henry: Nothing But The Truth
Horrid Henry: Horrid Boy?
Horrid Henry Delivers The Milk
Horrid Henry And The New Best Friend

Special Features
  • None

Review

I have to be honest about this release.  I haven't actually read any of the books that this series is based on so I have no idea whether or not it's true to the stories but I do know one thing.

It's very funny, although Henry definitely reminds me of a couple of kids I know.

Firstly the animation reminds me of a television show called 'Mona The Vampire', which is another one of my son's favourites.  The simple but bright animation really makes the slapstick comedy fly off of the screen.

The six episodes here are short but funny and really fly by but the problem is as good as  the cartoons are, they're just not all that memorable for me as an adult.  However I'm not the age group that this release is so obviously aimed at.

My son on the other hand really liked it, although he loved pointing out the things Henry did and telling me that they were very naughty and that his mummy and daddy were going to tell him off.

All in all, while a good release in that it's entertaining and a good length for the little ones to be able to sit through without getting bored, it just wasn't that memorable.  My son liked it but not to the extent that he has liked the other DVD's we have watched together.

Movie 3/5
Picture 4/5
Sound 4/5
Special Features N/A
Overall 11/15



"It Funny.  Henry naughty.  He no get any treats."










For more information, games, fan club, movie and video's go to www.horridhenry.me

Horrid Henry episodes are also available on iTunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment