Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Children's Chocolate Cookbook by Fiona Patchett Review

Written By Fiona Patchett
Illustrated By Jessie Eckel

Genre
Cookbook, Children's

Synopsis

This title is packed with simple, delicious chocolate recipes including chocolate cinnamon fondue, rocky road, white chocolate cheesecake, truffles, chocolate cupcakes and many more.

It includes straightforward, jargon-free text with clear instructions for altering recipes and swapping ingredients to adapt to personal taste, or for food preferences or allergies.

It also includes fascinating features on what chocolate is, how it is made from beans into bars, and the history of chocolate from 3,000 years ago up to the present day.

Review

I love cooking.  It doesn't matter if I'm cooking on my own, with other people or with my little lad but I love to cook and to bake.

For a parent such as myself, this book is absolutely perfect.

Firstly there are some absolutely brilliant parts of the books where they talk about the history of chocolate, tell you easier ways to melt chocolate and many other bits and pieces that really interested me.

That's not the main point of the book however or the strongest.  It's by far, the recipes.  There are some very tasty and very easy to make recipes here that you can either do on your own or have your little one help you with.  If you want my opinion, get them to help you.  It's great fun working together going through recipes and trying to make them look like they do in the book.  Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't but that's the joy of baking and cooking.

The illustrations here and the photographs as well are superb.  They really lend themselves to the easy layout of the pages and make the recipes jump off of the page in such a vivid manner.

I could sit here and tell you all about which recipes are included here but, for me, that would ruin the surprise because there are a couple here that I would never have thought of making in the slightest.

All in all, I would definitely say this is more than worth picking up.  I know this is quite a short review but, like I said before, I don't want to ruin some of the surprises in this book.  Trust me, they're well worth waiting for.

Also this is a great book to share with your children too as if you do the receipes with your little ones then not only will you have a great time but you'll get some sweet treats out of it too.

And let's be honest, what more could you possibly want?

Presentation 4/5
Informative 4/5
Recommended 4/5
Overall 12/15

No comments:

Post a Comment